Kolejne przejęcie naszego klienta.
Wielton S.A. nabywa 100% udziałów Lawrence David Limited
Wielton S.A., the largest in Poland and a leading European manufacturer of trailers and semi-trailers, has acquired a 100% shareholding in one of the largest trailer manufacturers on the UK market – Lawrence David Limited.
The transaction was split into two stages. In the first, Wielton S.A. acquired 75% of shares for GBP 26 million, while the remaining 25% will be purchased by 2022 at a price calculated in accordance with an earn-out formula, which will not exceed GBP 22 million. As a result, the total transaction value could exceed the equivalent of PLN 200 million.
The DZP lawyers who advised Wielton S.A. were: Przemysław Furmaga, Partner in the Corporate and M&A Practice, project leader, supported by Robert Niczyporuk, Partner in the Corporate and M&A Practice, and Adam Pawlisz, Senior Associate in the Practice. The DZP team worked closely on the transaction with other Wielton advisers, i.e. JP Weber. The JP Weber advisers who worked on the project were Gregor Piechowiak, Managing Partner, and Kamil Olejnik, Business Adviser. DZP also cooperated closely with the London team of the international law firm, Watson Farley & Williams, headed by Jan Mellman, Partner in the Corporate Team, supported by, inter alia, Hayley Arrow, Senior Associate in the Corporate Team.
This is another foreign acquisition of our client and the next on which we advised. Previously, we supported Wielton in, inter alia, the take-over of leading trailer manufacturers in France and Germany. This is also another successfully completed example of our Go Global strategy.
From 25 May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) applies in Poland and other European Union countries. We would therefore like to give you several details on the subject of how DZP processes personal data.
The administrator of the personal data is Domański Zakrzewski Palinka Sp.k. (“DZP”; address: Rondo ONZ 1, 00-124 Warszawa). Data are processed for contact purposes and to impart information on changes to provisions and authority practices and on other issues, including events concerning day-to-day legal, economic and cultural issues, inter alia, by sending DZP newsletters. The above is carried out on the basis of legitimate interests, i.e. in accordance with art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Data can also be processed where necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract and for compliance with a legal obligation to which DZP is subject, i.e. pursuant to art. 6(1)(b) and (c) of the GDPR. Data can be transferred to entities with whose help DZP achieves the indicated aims, including entities maintaining IT infrastructure. Giving data is voluntary and in contractual relations is a requirement for concluding and performing a contract. It is possible to object to data processing, request access to, rectification and erasure of personal data or restriction of processing and data portability. Data are kept until an objection is made, and in contractual relations – throughout the term of the contract and thereafter for a period specified in provisions on archiving and limitations period for claims. Anyone has the right to file a complaint with the President of the Personal Data Protection Office. Questions concerning privacy at DZP can be sent to DZP’s Data Protection Inspector, Macieja Maciejewskiego, at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
New rules on cookies: Domański Zakrzewski Palinka sp.k., as the service provider of the www.dzp.pl website, stores and accesses cookies, i.e. small text information fles sent by a web server and stored on your hard drive, or other data storage medium of a user, for the purposes of: proper functioning of the www.dzp.pl website, confguring the www.dzp.pl website, security and reliability of the www.dzp.pl website, session monitoring, providing advertisements, personalization of the displayed information to the user, or analysis, statistics, research and website trafc auditing.